Saturday, June 25, 2011

A mix of wedding & engagement photos for this feature!

Today I'm happy to feature Simpson Studios Photography - Erin's company is newer, and she didn't think there would be a lot to say.....but her story turned out great!

Simpson Studios Photography was really born as much out of necessity
than anything. In 2008 I was working as an in-house product photographer for a BMX company in Des Moines when my husband and I found out we were expecting a baby boy. I really wanted to be able to stay home with our son, and the 40-hours I currently worked would definitely not accommodate that. My husband was in his last year of graduate school at that time so being a stay-at-home mom wasn’t a viable option.

With some encouragement from a local wedding photographer who had befriended me, I started booking weddings. I booked nine weddings our first year and, after the first reception had ended, I realized that my previous experience with senior and family photography had in no way prepared me for the world of weddings. I learned immediately that weddings move quickly with many beautifully spontaneous moments, and re-shoots are never an option.

As bookings increased, I realized that a second shooter was a must, to ensure that all angles of the wedding day were covered. A part-time photographer and full-time mother to a little girl, Rachel Swensen is always there to catch the must-have moments that I wouldn’t be able to get on my own. Being wives and mothers I think has given us both new insight into what makes a great wedding photo. We're thinking about the images that people will treasure years from now, not just today.

We’ve come a long way since starting out three years ago and since then, we’ve learned to pin boutonnieres on restless groomsmen, comfort weeping bridesmaids and wrestle chocolate bars away from flower girls in white tulle dresses. From near catastrophes, to Kodak moments, there isn’t very much we haven’t seen and, honestly, we would have it no other way.


----Really love the last paragraph! Thanks so much Erin!....now on to some photos....Enjoy!


who doesn't love a good diner malt?


had to put this up for my black and white obsession!
love how her veil is floating!


love this barn!
 All photos courtesy of: Simpson Studios Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment